*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873414
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074957
A young, psychotic republican goes to a treatment program, and meets psychotic democrats.
#873414 added February 12, 2016 at 3:14am
Restrictions: None
A Maniac
Monica and Jeremy dated each other for a week in early June. The relationship ended with Monica dumping Jeremy, since she felt that he was too crazy for her. There are plenty of reasons for why they could have been drawn together; one of them being that both of them had bipolar.
On July 1st, 2011, Winfield Reese was driving Monica and I back from the gym, when Monica turned to Winfield Reese and exclaimed, “Be sure that Jeremy does not come over to the house.” When I asked about the reason for the abrupt statement, she told me that it had to do with the fact that Jeremy just got out of a mental hospital. Because of the incident with Clovis, I did not want to do with another violent outburst in the house, so I decided to call Dr. Gore.
“On-call, this is Dr. Gore.”
“Dr. Gore!”
“Yes Harry?”
“I have just learned that Jeremy was in a mental hospital.”
“Yes!”
“I know Jeremy also has bipolar. Considering the incident with Clovis, I don’t feel safe sleeping in the same house as someone with bipolar who has just gotten out of the crazy house.”
“Harry, I can assure you that Jeremy is subdued and he is not going to hurt anybody.”
“That is what they said about Clovis.”
“It is different; psychologists had not evaluated Clovis, and there was no way to predict his behavior. Before he was released from the mental hospital, Jeremy was given an intense psychological evaluation. If there was any evidence that he is a potential danger, it would have shown up.”
“Isn’t it true that those suffering form bipolar often have constant mood swings that are not predictable?”
“There is a pattern of behavior that can be used to indicate the potential state of mind from one suffering form bipolar. In other words, no one with a stable history, all of the sudden, goes out and beats someone up, and it turns out to be the first warning symptom.”
“So you can assure me that Jeremy is not going to attack me.”
“Yes, and the fact he was in a mental hospital makes it easier for us to know that he is currently mentally stable.”
“So the only different between Clovis and Jeremy is that Jeremy was evaluated, where as Clovis was not.”
“Exactly, do you now feel safe in the house?”
“I think I will be ok!”
“Ok, if you have any more concerns, do not hesitate to give me a call.”
“I will do that, at 3:00 A.M..”
“If you need to do that, go ahead.”
“Ok, good night!”
“Night Harry!”
© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873414