*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873457
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #2074960
Learn how Harry Johnson's fate ends
#873457 added February 12, 2016 at 3:38am
Restrictions: None
The Meeting with Gary Old
On November 9th, 2011, Gary Old called me over to the OPO, so he could get some input about how my experience at Great Ascendency was.
“Harry, do you have any advice you could give on how to make Great Ascendency better?”
“Shut it down! I hate this place!”
“I hear that form a lot of students. Elaborate!”
“First of all, they didn’t kick out Samantha after he made that prank phone call to me.”
“Oh yah, that was bad. I know the content of the call, though I don’t know the exact words.”
“I also can’t stand how so many people who are so incompetent surrounded me.”
“Did that mean you didn’t benefit form being here?”
“No, but the third thing I can’t stand is how much special treatment certain students get.”
“Maybe the special treatment held them back, and not getting it caused you to advance.”
“Kept me form being able to do things. Remember when you wouldn’t let me hold your baby at the Memorial Day picnic, but you let me hold him at my graduation? Was that because there were certain students at the park you wouldn’t trust to hold a baby, and Great Ascendency has to treat everyone the same.”
“No! It was just a fear I had from being a new father.”
“I would actually like to use your kids as an example. If they refused to get out of bed and spoke to the respectable staff members in the way that certain students do, you would have no tolerance.”
“Of Course! But let’s move on form that. I went to military school, as you know, and there were elements that I thought were stupid and ridiculous, and there are still things about it that I don’t agree with. What you need to do is take what you gain from an institution, and use it to your advantage.”
“You’re right. About the advice I promised to give you, all Great Ascendency needs to do is to take in more functional students into it’s program.”
“We try our best to look for the brightest students. It just isn’t easy.”
“I know! It is the sad world that we live in.”
“True!”
“Yah!”
© Copyright 2016 Cory Snyder (UN: coolboy007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cory Snyder has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873457