*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873594-For-The-Love-Of-Chocolate
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#873594 added February 13, 2016 at 2:07pm
Restrictions: None
For The Love Of Chocolate
PROMPT: How exactly did this 'loved up' holiday, Valentine's day, come about? If, like many other people, the only thing you know is that it's associated somehow with a mysterious St. Valentine. Create a convincing story about how the holiday came about.
          Cocoa had one overwhelming passion ;chocolate. She craved it constantly; visions tantalized her in her dreams, and when awake, she compulsively sought it out. Smooth melting chocolate caressed her taste buds. Sighs of ecstasy escaped her moist lips. She quivered. She moaned. Nothing compared to this euphoria.
          Her love of chocolate became an overwhelming need. Every holiday, she stocked up, and rationed it until a new occasion presented itself to restore her reserve. She liked Easter with its rabbits and eggs. Her birthday rolled around every June providing an excuse to splurge. Halloween and Christmas were amazing; no shortage of amazing things chocolate. There was, however, a large gap between Christmas and Easter. It was difficult not to over-indulge during the Yuletide season; there was such a delectable selection. Storing and saving chocolate until Easter was close to impossible. What she needed was another festive occasion; an excuse for there to be chocolate.
         Cocoa had also begun to realize that her compulsion ,her passion, her reason for being, was expensive. Did there exist something, anything, that could facilitate and ease her cravings? She needed a supplier; someone motivated to indulge her. She had recently met a person of the male persuasion. He seemed to like physical interaction; kissing and hugging. Cocoa herself recognized that this contact felt somewhat tingly and tasty. Chocolate produced this same euphoria. Eureka! Why couldn't she have her candy and cuddling, too?
         February became the month for her new celebration. The frigid temperatures and swirling snow lent themselves to canoodling. Couples could bask in their closeness. Chocolate and cuddling would both warm the heart.
         Now, Cocoa needed an excuse for chocolate in the summer.....perhaps, an anniversary?

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873594-For-The-Love-Of-Chocolate