*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873634-A-Good-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#873634 added February 13, 2016 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
A Good Day
Today Linda and I went to Madison. It was sort of Valentine's day a day early. We wanted to eat at The Red Lobster and knew if we waited until tomorrow (Sunday) we would never get a seat.

While we were there I went to the Hobby Lobby, a shop where they sell radio controlled stuff. The store is going out of business. The internet killed it or so the owner claimed. I find that a bit hard to believe even though more and more hobby shops are closing their doors. I think the real reason is that owners are getting older and finding it difficult to compete in a modern business environment.

We came home and I went out and spray painted a model I am working on. I am getting better at it but still have plenty of room for improvement.

Tonight they had a Republican debate on CBS. The moderators set the candidates to going for the throat with one another which is what one might expect with this network. In the last Debate NBC refused to let Carly on the stage. Why the Republican National Committee allows these biased media outlets play a role in determining their slate and allowing some of these nasty leading questions is a mystery. Maybe somebody smarter than me can explain it. The only person that didn't get involved in the mud slinging was Ben Carson.

Anyway the meal was great as it alway is. Linda had the grilled shrimp with wild rice and broccoli and I had the broiled flounder, and french fries. Then we went to Barnes and Noble and walked around the mall. It was a good day.


© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873634-A-Good-Day