*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873539-Nobody-to-blame-but-myself
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#873539 added February 12, 2016 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Nobody to blame but myself
In the past few days quite a few potential blog entries have come to mind but being consumed with other matters didn't grab them by the shirt tails as they flitted through my awareness and as a consequence they passed into the ozone of forgotten ideas.

Some of these had to do with Politics and I'm sure my army of readers will breath a sigh of relief that such was the case.... unless of course you agree with my political views.

This morning, on the treadmill at Cardiac Rehabilitation a patient walked in who I'd overheard talking to somebody else, earlier in the week. In the conversation he commented, with a note of pride, that he had been able to retire early because of some shrewd investments. He had gone on to say that his broker told him to get out of the market because of the volatility and convert to cash. The idea was that if the market went bust, he would be able to buy low during the next market cycle and get in on the ground floor.

I remember thinking what happened in Russia during the past year when the Rupel lost fifty percent of its value. I wondered what he'd think of that advice if the same thing happened here and he woke up in the morning to find the dollar was worth only half of what it was the night before?

Still, I kept my mouth shut, after all I know so little about the Stock Market that my investment strategy has been reduced to having collectable US gold coins. As a matter of fact the reason I went to this strategy was because the "experts" managing my mutual fund were dumber than I was and last quarter my funds made "zero" in gains. They are either inept or crooks and I'm in no position to speculate on either of the two possibilities. Its like separating pepper from Rat Poop.

It seems that "Investment" experts get too much in the good years (when a monkey could make 7%) and pay themselves just as generously in the bad times, blaming fluctuations in the Stock Market.

What I like about gold coins is that they sit in my safe deposit box, don't require a financial manager are immune from the Bernie Madoffs and the fiscal policies of the US government.

If gold tanks I have nobody to blame but myself.

© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873539-Nobody-to-blame-but-myself