*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873712-Clarity-and-multiple-other-offenses
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#873712 added February 14, 2016 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
Clarity... and multiple other offenses

** Image ID #2070351 Unavailable **



Song: [Multiple]
Artist: Glee Cast
Album: [Multiple]


Here it is: the big enchilada. I know it's been used by others already in this competition, but I'm not going to hold anything back for this last guilty pleasures entry. I am an unabashed Glee fan, and I'm not just talking about the "good" songs. I'm talking almost all of their songs, even the covers of the really, really terrible songs.

Granted, I didn't love absolutely everything, and there have been some major missteps in the show's efforts to stay fresh. As much as I love Glee and Idina Menzel... a.k.a. Adele Dazeem to John Travolta... that slowed down cabaret version of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" was a musical abomination which has few equals. Except maybe their cover of The GoGo's "We Got The Beat." *FacePalm*

However, certain disastrous missteps notwithstanding, the soundtrack to the series, by and large, was really good and they came up with some really great covers of some really great songs. I almost (almost!) teared up at their a cappella rendition of "How Will I Know" during their Whitney Houston memorial episode, the Journey "Don't Stop Believin'" cover that pretty much put them on the map, the rendition of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" that actually made it sound like a good song, and any of the brilliant mash-ups.

But you all didn't tune into my final guilty pleasure entry to hear about the good songs, now did you? You came here for a train wreck! You're all at a monster truck rally and want to see some devastation! So here it is... a few selections of less-popular Glee covers that I actually like:

         "Jump" (original by Van Halen)
         "Open Your Heart/Borderline" (originals by Madonna)
         "Telephone" (original by Lady Gaga and Beyonce)
         "Fat Bottomed Girls" (original by Queen)
         "Baby" (original by Justin Bieber)
         "Sexy and I Know It" (original by LMFAO)
         "Boogie Shoes" (original by KC and The Sunshine Band)
         "Dinosaur" (original by Ke$ha)
         "Friday" (original by Rebecca Black)
         "Mean" (original by Taylor Swift)
         "Give Your Heart A Break" (original by Demi Lovato)
         "Wannabe" (original by The Spice Girls)
         "Mamma Mia" (original by ABBA)

Still with me? Look, you guys (those of you who are still reading or will admit to knowing me, anyway) have been with me a long time. I'm not going to subject you to one of their terrible songs to end this week's guilty pleasures challenge. I'm going to leave you with something positive that won't leave a sour taste in your mouth... I have all next week - whatever that challenge may be - to dig myself a new grave. *Wink*

One of my favorite songs from Glee, thanks in no small part to the fact that I think former American Idol contestant Jessica Sanchez has a phenomenal voice, is when she guest-starred on the 22nd and final episode of Season Four as the competition for the main cast at regionals. (If you ask me, this cover of Zedd's "Clarity" and their other cover of "Wings" by Little Mix) were infinitely better than the New Directions' set list... but then again I suppose you can't have a competition where the protagonists don't win... *RollEyes*

Anyway, while I make my escape out the back door, hopefully I can distract you with Glee's rendition of Zedd's hit "Clarity":




© Copyright 2016 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873712-Clarity-and-multiple-other-offenses