*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874534-Swap-Meet-at-Shawano
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#874534 added February 21, 2016 at 9:21pm
Restrictions: None
Swap Meet at Shawano
Today Al, Ron and I went to an RC Model Airplane swap meet at Shawano WI. I know, I know... nobody out there really gives a Rat's Pettoti where I go on Sunday morning at 0530 hrs. That was what time we got up and it was an hour and a half drive up there.

The swap meet last year in Shawano was hardly worth attending and this years event was even less worthwhile. "So why did I go," you ask?... "If you knew it was bad why did you put yourself through another unsatisfying ordeal?" The answer I reply, "is because I'm stupid."

Have you ever gone to a party that you didn't want to attend and it turned out just as unrewarding as you anticipated?"

Of course you have... and have you ever gone to a party that you dreaded and it turned out much better than you anticipated? I see you nodding your head.

Well possibility number two is why I went and possibility number one is what I experienced. And people wonder why I never go to the casino. Not so fast! Sometimes I go to the casino but it is only to eat dinner and not to gamble. I don't feel I owe the Native Americans anything. What my ancestors did or failed to do is not my circus and not somewhere I take my monkey.

Its the same thing with the blacks. I don't make a color distinction. They're the same as me and i have worked with plenty who were smarter and plenty who were dumber. i can say the same for whites and yellows, not to mention Native Americans.

I turn a deaf ear to arguments that somehow I'm responsible that many were brought here on slave ships and forced to work on plantations. At least they didn't starve to death in the Irish potato famine, and how about all those Europeans who died in Nazi slave labor camps. Not to mention the Jews in the concentration camps. What about the Syrians, who can't escape the Middle East fast enough?

In my view we have enough guilt to deal with in the "Here and Now" without the guilt of what happened two hundred years ago. Get over it..... get a job.... study in school, join the MIlitary. Just don't tell me how hard it is being down and out in the United States. If you can't make it in the USA you aren't going to make it anywhere.

For those who like Socialism, move to one of the European countries and see how you like living there. Or better yet move to the Soviet Union and send me a postcard. I spent my whole life fighting Communism and its red headed stepchild....putting myself and family at risk to stop it's spread and suddenly we have Bernie Sanders proclaiming its virtues as he runs for president. The sad part is that I would vote for him before Hillary Clinton. I used to be a Democrat and voting Republican leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The Republicans promised that if we delivered the House and Senate they were going to repeal the "Affordable" Health Care act. What a joke that turned out to be. The only one who tried to live up to his campaign promises was Ted Cruz. The Republicans hate him because they're ashamed when he rubs their noses in it. Then there's Donald Trump. He reminds me of a petulant rich kid who never grew up. He didn't even know that the "Triad" was and I don't think he really understands the significance of the "Mandate" to Obama Care.

So what is a voter supposed to do? There aren't many choices out there and they're all bad. I do know this.... Power corrupts. How is it that someone elected to a $150,000 a year job, moves to Washington DC and in a few short years winds up a multi-millioniare?














© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874534-Swap-Meet-at-Shawano