*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874403-Pitter-Pat
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#874403 added February 20, 2016 at 9:30am
Restrictions: None
Pitter-Pat
Yesterday was busy. Linda and I got up and went to exercise class (Rehab in my case, otherwise the same thing), did some shopping and last night I went to Indoor flying.

I am so glad Linda decided to join me in the exercise class. I am not an avid conversationalist and do a lot of self-conversing in my mind. As a result I'm not as social as I could be and our relationship suffers as a consequence. After fifty years of marriage I tend to run out of things to talk about and If I don't force myself to generate activities we can do together, and make myself talk out loud, things don't always go as smoothly as they should. Conversation is the lubricant of a relationship and without it the relationship begins to wear out. I certainly don't want this to happen since I love my wife as much as I ever did .

So, I make a conscious effort to show it, by forcing myself to talk more and come up with activities where we can do things together.

Anyway, Linda has a wonderful smile and radiates in the presence of others. It beams in the class and I love to see it. It makes my heart go pitter-pat, pitter pat.

© Copyright 2016 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874403-Pitter-Pat