*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874672-Returning-to-Mexico
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#874672 added February 22, 2016 at 9:44pm
Restrictions: None
(Returning to) Mexico

** Image ID #2070351 Unavailable **



Song: "Mexico"
Artist: Jump, Little Children
Album: Between The Dim & The Dark


Even though I have a personal rule against using the same band more than once in a Soundtrackers challenge, I have no such rule about song names... so this will be the second song titled "Mexico" that I'm using this month. Except, unlike the James Taylor version, this is a song I'll gladly admit to loving, and the pleasure of listening to it isn't guilt-ridden at all!

This is one of my relaxation songs. I almost always listen to it when I'm on the way home after a stressful day or when I want to just let my mind wander about something. I have a really hard time turning my brain off... if I'm not cramming input into it in the form of something I'm reading or listening to or watching, then I'm turning ideas over in my head, thinking about what I'm currently writing, want to write, have already written, etc. I constantly make and revise lists in my head and random bits of trivia and information stick in there and swirl around. It's really difficult for me to shut everything off and just be present wherever I am... and it usually takes some kind of external stimulus. This song is one of those songs for me. I can just let it wash over me and tune out the rest of the world. There aren't a lot of things that can get me to do that, so I tend to keep the ones that can very close. I've been listening to this song regularly for more than half a decade.

Jump, Little Children is a band out of North Carolina who rose to prominence thanks to finding a fan in Zach Braff, who used their material in his TV show Scrubs, as well as his feature directorial projects... most notably Wish I Was Here, the movie he produced with the help of a successful and noteworthy Kickstarter campaign. The band was around from 1991 to 2005, at which point the band members each went their separate ways. In 2015 they announced a reunion tour that sold out six shows in under a minute. *Shock*




© Copyright 2016 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874672-Returning-to-Mexico