*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874762
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#874762 added February 23, 2016 at 8:37pm
Restrictions: None
Mary Crawley Or Elizabeth Bennett?
I am comparing Lady Mary Crawley to Elizabeth Bennett. Lady Mary Crawley lives at "Downton Abbey" and she will inherit "Downton Abbey" someday. Elizabeth married Darcy and got to live at Pemberly. Elizabeth's family isn't rich like the Granthers. Elizabeth lived in the 1800's and Mary lived in the early 1900's. Both fictional stories are set in England.

Elizabeth loved her four sisters and was close to Jane. Mary was close to her sister Sybil and she and her sister Edith fought all the time. After marrying men they loved, they decided to be sisters and try to be close.

Lady Mary's mother was a nice, sweet, easy going woman and Elizabeth's mother wanted her daughters to marry for money. She favored Jane. Mary's mother Cora loved all her daughters equally.

Mary's first husband Matthew was killed in a car accident. Mary remarried a man named Henry Talbot, a race car driver. Elizabeth and Darcy. It wasn't love at first site. Darcy was arrogant and Elizabeth charmed him. Mary was a bitch at times and a snob. Sounds like she was Mr. Darcy, like he was in the beginning. Mary slept with men in between marriages. Elizabeth didn't behave like that. Mary got stern advice from Grandma. Elizabeth's grandparents were dead. Mary helped out the local farmers. Elizabeth was always nice to everyone. Her mother made her daughters go to balls. Mary loved buying fashionable dresses and showing them off at balls and she loved helping to plan the balls and charity events. Elizabeth had to be invited to other balls and the Bennetts didn't always fit in with the ton. After marrying Darcy, Elizabeth fit in every where. Lady Mary was born into the ton and Elizabeth, their fate rested on cousin Charles Collins who owned their nice, big house and was nothing like Pemberly and "Downton Abbey."

This is my views on these two women and their life styles.

** Image ID #2074231 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874762