*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875180-Sweet-Dreams-are-Made-of-This
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#875180 added February 29, 2016 at 3:02am
Restrictions: None
Sweet Dreams are Made of This
By popular demand here is the recipe for the aforementioned Angel Whispers. There are of course many variations on the net, but as with most things in life too many choices just confuse the mind.

INGREDIENTS

For the cookies

1 Cup of butter

2. Half cup of sugar

3. Two cups of flour

4. 1 tsp of lemon zest

5. Half tsp of salt

For the Filling

1. 1 Beaten Egg (feeling a bit like one of those myself)

2. Two thirds cup of white sugar

3. Half teaspoon of lemon zest.

4. Three tbs of lemon juice

5. Half tbs of butter




In a medium bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light. Stir in lemon zest, flour and salt. Cover bowl and chill for about an hour. (chance would be a fine thing)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C

Flatten teaspoons of dough onto cookie sheets and bake for 5 to 8 minutes until light brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on racks.

To make the filling combine the beaten egg, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and butter. Stir until thick. (I'm already thick) Sandwich cookies with 1 teaspoon of filling.

So there you have it. Simple enough with neat lists of five. I haven't tried it yet. I find cooking and baking one of the worst things at the moment. My hubby loved his food and I spent a great deal of time in the kitchen. I just can't do it right now and cooking for one has always seemed a sad state of affairs. Don't worry; I'm eating, but nothing like things used to be. I don't understand why I'm not losing weight as I'm doing a lot of walking too. Maybe there are more calories in alcohol than we're told or maybe it's stress. No matter.

I have started writing my book, but officialdom, paperwork, phone calls, humdrum and faffing are still taking up most of my time. When I researched images of Angel Whispers it also threw up a book of the same name. Shucks. Back to the drawing board. One day at a time...

 ~

© Copyright 2016 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875180-Sweet-Dreams-are-Made-of-This