*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875381-FirstLast-Song
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2027294
Created for the Soundtrackers Challenges
#875381 added February 29, 2016 at 10:43pm
Restrictions: None
First/Last Song

Bijelo Dugme - Ruzica si bila
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3rayOZULWE&index=7&list=PLAXp3WGEn2RZ47-ITl5mC6...

Teenage years! *Laugh* I've realized that there aren't many sad moments in my life. I should consider myself lucky. Of course, there are moments which I don't wish to remember, the relationships which were bad, but I got over them and learned from them. I moved on. There isn't any reason to repeat and remember something long gone that doesn't affect me any longer. At least that's how I look at it. It left scars which healed, Bruises, too. A long time ago I was a victim, but now, today, I consider myself a survivor who learned her life's lessons.

Instead of the pain, I rather share the joyous times of my life.

This particular song and this group I really started listening to when I hit the age of thirteen. Precious years without much life experience. Having crushes left and right, being insecure and shy, gullible and all those things a girl of thirteen usually is. I didn't know what confidence meant let alone act the part. I'm surprised I managed to come out of those years alive so to speak.

There are days when I look back and look at the old pictures and question my insecurities of that time. I remember always being worried about being chubby and not pretty enough. I can't find neither in those pictures. I was actually cute, if I may so myself, and I was normal looking, even skinny at times. How did I not see that?!

I think we only see what we want to see at that age. It's not easy being a teenager because we see perfection in others but not in ourselves. We are our own enemies at that age. Sad. While I wish those times could have lasted longer than they did, I'm also glad I grew out of that worrisome age.



© Copyright 2016 Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875381-FirstLast-Song