*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875717-To-Clone-or-not-to-Clone
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#875717 added March 4, 2016 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
To Clone or not to Clone?

On this day in 1997, US President Bill Clinton barred federal spending on human cloning. Do you have any thoughts on cloning, whether it's animals or people? Would you want to be cloned?




Manx Cat from Japan Manx Cat from Japan


Thoughts of cloning make me shiver. Still, if you read the facts about cloning some of it makes sense. What if you could clone someones liver and than use it in a transplant. Or some child was born with one arm so you could reproduce the other arm and plant it in. Or, what if stem cell research gives out a lot of new ways to heal people of cancer or leukemia or any other disease that is presently under attack by humans.

I went to the website genome.gov and learned that cloned animals, though genetically DNA the same they are different in other ways such as color.

When we bought into the information age. We are asking for more information to deal with life. Some of it isn't fun to contemplate. Unless you are a scientific expert in your field and actually know what you are doing.

Then, of course, there will be the mad scientists that detectives will have to hunt down to stop them from cloning everything in sight. Hmmm! a new science fiction thriller or real facts??

I'm just not competent enough to say don't clone. So, I will say clone with integrity, mercy, and knowledge.

A signature owl

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875717-To-Clone-or-not-to-Clone