*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875771-March-Prompt-12
by Jen~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2073596
Blog for this groups entries~will probably be rather interesting!~
#875771 added March 5, 2016 at 12:45am
Restrictions: None
March Prompt #12
12. Write about the last time you cried.

The last time I REALLY cried...and had a good, soul cleansing cry...was when my dad died 3 months ago.....3 hours before I was due to come see him....I have never sobbed so hard as when I got the call...I dropped to my knees...screaming and hyperventilating at the same time....unbelieving, in shock....I cried for days..literally...he died on a Saturday morning and was buried on that tuesday before Thanksgiving....I cried from Saturday till Tuesday it seemed nonstop.....then the days following was crying in spurts...random as hell...like a punch in the gut..smell something...see something..hear a song..come across something...ANYTHING can and will trigger your thoughts of that person and it can just break you to pieces...in an instant. Now that it has been 3 months and I am out of actual shock....I find myself able to move forward more without feeling guilty for moving on without him here...but I know that is what he would not only want, but expect from me. So I am doing as he would want me to do...carrying on...and man is that a hard one to do. I will be scrolling though my cell and run across his cell or home number and it truly is....like being punched in the gut...random tears....sometimes I let them fall...sometimes I don't....sometimes I have no control.

Crying is good...it cleanses the soul and refreshes the mind.....it gives us a soulful lesson...letting us know that it is OKAY to let go and have those moments sometimes....I used to hold it all in and as I have gotten older, I am learning that it is very unhealthy to do that...so I try to not hold things in anymore....sometimes you have no control and they just take over....dang emotions...lol

Gift from a wonderful friend!

© Copyright 2016 Jen~ (UN: jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jen~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875771-March-Prompt-12