*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875820-Daily-Energy
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#875820 added March 5, 2016 at 2:10pm
Restrictions: None
Daily Energy
Prompt: If you think of energy like a bank account, how do you spend the vast majority of your daily energy?

==================

Daily Energy? Hahaha! If physical, I deplete it. I live from hand to mouth. This is partly because of my motto, “Do it, now!” This has also something to do with old age. If I don’t do what needs to be done immediately, I might forget about it, even with the use of my other motto, “Put everything on a list.”

As to the daily emotional energy, we are all subject to exhaustion and burnout. I manage mine--energy, not burnout--by feeding it positive feelings that empower, and when this kind of energy feels low, I give it a dose of gratitude, and the energy jumps up on the scale. Simple affirmations, such as “I am doing the best I can, already” help, too. when it comes to how I feel where other people and their demands are concerned. As some people can be toxic or challenging, when the need arises, my motto is, “Ignore! Then turn to something else that is positive.” Then, if push comes to shove, I stop doing everything else and do something I like, something that relaxes me, like sitting inside the closed part of the porch and reading or listening to something I appreciate.

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/875820-Daily-Energy