*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876644-Maternity-leave
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#876644 added March 16, 2016 at 9:15am
Restrictions: None
Maternity leave
Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The United States is one of the few countries around the world that doesn't offer paid maternity leave (here's a HuffPo article about that). What's your opinion? Tough it out and be thankful you have a job and a family; demand better services for new mothers, babies, and their families; or somewhere in-between

Opinion:

It has been policy in the USA that the work place should provide for the workers. So, congress following this viewpoint does not always make national policy. Of course, the corporations prefer to do as they please. That means putting as much money in the pocket of the CEOs, managers and corporate heads as possible.

When the congress sees a problem and tries to vote in policies that would help the workers they often get hit with the accusation, “Socialism, we don’t want socialism.” Well, guess what you cannot have the country both ways. Without some policy making the work place would still be a sweat shop. The workers would still be slaves.

Juggling the law making, voting, over population, education, health costs, poverty, environment and making it all come out as an equation that works is the duty of the elected officials. Good luck senators and representatives I’m rooting for you.

Paid Maternity leave:

Absolutely a good thing if you can make it work. Babies are the future of the nation. They need a good start even if mom works at McDonalds. Mothers and fathers need to be shown that they are valued as they start that new life. It takes a different mind view than I presently see. And, if we had that special feeling about each other more people would catch the problems that are causing school shootings and other shootings before they occur.

Always in the background of any good idea. Who is going to pay? How is it going to be funded? The republicans are threatening to repeal the healthcare act if they get into the presidency. Will they replace it with health care that works?

What I see is a presidential campaign that is on the verge of blowing up. People bashing each other. It is disgusting. Plus, it seems to be aimed to get people to vote who will harm each other. How far will it go? Will there have to be military at the poles to keep order? Well I need to do some digging and find solutions to suggest that work. You do too. If you have good idea’s about how to fix the government stop complaining, write down your ideas, put them out there where people can read them see if other people agree. Don’t make the public hunt for new ideas that might work. Controversy might be the way to wade to an actually working solution.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876644-Maternity-leave