*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876651-Natural-Phenomea-Myth
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#876651 added March 16, 2016 at 10:59am
Restrictions: None
Natural Phenomea Myth?
Write a myth that explains why clouds have shapes (and/or how they get them).



*Clouds* Luke Howard a British Chemist classified clouds by shape and presented it in the year 1802 *Clouds*


Definition of Myth: A traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.
synonyms: folk tale, folk story, legend, tale, story, fable, saga, mythos, lore, folklore, mythology
A widely held but false belief or idea.


My Myth:

Odd shapes in the sky did not appear often over the homeland . We saw the clear blue of the great heavens that extended into the dark blue of the night. Evening and morning it never varied.

I grew stronger,and taller, then I followed the wanderers of the tribe. The caretakers always stayed in the centered life force. They were always there waiting for the return of the wanderers. At first the ones of us who were still growing would go out for a day but return before the dark blue started. We became stronger with each time away from the center where the elders lived.

Youngers wandered. They came back with ideas that were given to the elders. The elders spent their days recording the scenes and ideas. They produced small books that could be read to the youngers just before sleep. So we would wake up with new knowledge of places we had never seen.

Every younger thirsted with eagerness to go out to find a new thought or place that could be recorded and given to others. The elders warned that each of us would become unable to search at some point we would be confined to the centered life force.

As I grew I wandered farther than many of the others. I found a large body of water. It was so large I followed the shore and there was no end that I could see. I took the thought back and gave it to Henda the main keeper of thoughts.

Instead of welcoming this thought he was disturbed. He brought out a book of thoughts and showed me where one of the others in long past time had also found this water.

" It was bitter and was not to be used for thirst. The girl who brought back the thought in the book had returned to retrieve a small amount of the water for the elders to examine but was never seen again. Her name rests on the wall of the book building where the names of the lost are kept."

I examined the wall. The last name in the last column was added not many lengths of mornings and evenings ago. There was another thought in Henda's book but he would not show it to me. "you don't need the other thought because you will not go back."

In the dark blue I dreamed of a shape in the sky. Tall and white the new shape had steps that could be climbed. It took you to other floating white shapes that could be walked on. When I climbed up and walked on the shapes I floated and the white fluff floated up around me. Before I woke up I was on the shore of the big water.

I left the center life force in the clear blue of morning. Soon enough I covered the space and came to the big water. I stayed there watching the shapes in the sky. Some days they were white and fluffy. Other days they were dark and loud noises and water came down to rattle the earth. Flashes of light came up to join the shapes from the ground so on those days I hid in the shelter I made.

One day a group of new wanderers came along the shore of the big water. I did not know them. A girl stepped forward. "where are you from?"
"My home is the centered life force."
She talked to the other people with her. "We are also from the centered life force, but our home is here by the sea. My name in Noona."
"Your name is on the wall of the lost."

Noona laughed and conferred with other wanderers again. "Most of these who are with me are also named on the wall of the lost. We have our own home. We live with the white clouds and play in the rain they bring."

"The elders will be glad to hear where you are."

"No. They won't. If you go back they will stop you from ever leaving again. They think the clouds are evil because the clouds change the earth with water from the sky. Clouds bring signs of a different kind of life. They bring growth to the land because they bring water across the great blue."

Noona showed me many things that day. I did not return to the center. I stayed with Noona. Someday when I have enough thoughts I will return to tell about the clouds. Noona thinks it is better not to tell my thoughts to the elders.

Oh Well a new myth is not made in a day. *BigSmile*


Fairy playing a flute







© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876651-Natural-Phenomea-Myth