*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877213
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1901355
This is my 2012 NaNoWriMo Novel
#877213 added March 23, 2016 at 3:09pm
Restrictions: None
Mary Ann Walton-Gray is Minor Character #2
Character Profile

Mary Ann Walton-Gray: Minor Character #2; 30 years old and looks younger; owns and operates Gray Landscaping (inherited business from her husband); employees K.C., as well as other ex-cons on parole; golden blond hair with one blue eye and one brown eye. Provides landscaping services for the Applewhite residence instead of paying a cash for office rental.

Blonde and blue eyed. Perfect figure and 5' 9". Her husband owned Gray Landscaping, which is the only landscaping business in Dragonview. He died in a business related accident five years after they were married, leaving her with two children and the landscaping business.

Gray Landscaping hires only parolees, who work until their parole time is served. After that they get a recomendation and most of them leave Dragonview.

Arnold Gray, who was Mary Ann's husband, made a deal with the Applewhites who own the building that contains the landscaping offices. In return for free rent, Gray Landscaping take care of all the Applewhite yardwork and gardening needs without charging the Applewhite's.

Background Story:
Landscaper with a brown thumb

Mary Ann stood at the kitchen window watching her husband in the garden. Amazing, she thought as he walked from plant to plant, he can get plants to grow from solid rock. She picked the basket setting by the sink and went to the back door.

"Arnold," she called to him, "could you pick some green tomatoes so that I can fry them for your lunch." She sit the basket on the back porch.

"Mary," he said as he picked up the basket. "Why don't you come into the garden with me this morning?"

"Sweet heart," she smiled, "you know if I come any closer to those plants they're going to die."

"Honey," he laughed, "you have a brown thumb, but you don't kill plant by simply walking past them."

"Pick the tomatoes and I'll do the books when I bring your lunch to the office."

"Mary Ann," he said when he brought the tomatoes into the house, "we have to talk about the business today."

"What's wrong, Arnold," he only called her by her full name when he was worried about something.

"If something would happen to me you'll have to take over Gray Landscaping and..."

"Arnold," she kissed him on the cheek, "I can run the business, but you have to pick out one or two assistance to oversee customer relations and garden inspections."

"How about Morgan and Ferris?" He kissed her, "they're parole time is up at the end of this month, so they're both going to need permanent jobs."

"That's good for the business," they were both attempting to avoid discussing Doctor Martin's recent diagnose of Arnold's condition. "What about the garden here?"

"Morgan's wife Maze is half-elf and a genius with plants. The only thing is..."

"They'll have to move into the guest house," she kissed him on the cheek. "Arnold, I've seen Morgan's file and I don't think he's going to attempt another robbery again. He isn't the same young or desperate man."

"All right, I'll give Morgan and Ferris the good news today."
© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877213