*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877623-30dbc--free-prompt-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#877623 added March 27, 2016 at 4:38pm
Restrictions: None
30dbc: free prompt day
A lot of strange yet funny things in my neck of the woods.
It was one of those weeks. My boss’s landlord came back from his summer home in Florida. This is a work-where-you-live type of buildings. I knew that somehow I would be blamed for something because when Mark the landlord yells at Larry the tenant, that is Larry the boss’s permission to yell at Cheri the Admin.
Larry demanded that I do filing. I gave him a blank stare. Where? There is no room. Every time I make room, by pulling the old files and putting them in a box, he grabs the box and hides it. Can you believe that? Laws change every five years. He cannot reliably count on the stuff that’s in those ancient files. I think he has a love affair with paper. I really do. He has books stacked waist high because he ran out of bookshelf space. Imagine a hall lined with built in bookshelves (Victorian beautiful and I’m not kidding) and the other side with just one built in. So with all of those filled to capacity and he still has to stack books from floor to yea high -- oh, yeah, it is fun where I work.
My favorite so far is Larry flinging himself in a chair and saying he’s doomed. I mean, this is the second time that Mark made Larry do a hoarder’s clean out. The previous time, it looked like we were being evicted. It’s also the time that Larry demanded that I throw out all the old draft files that I kept. He does not remember that and now wants them back and the world will end if he does not have them. This time, it just looked like they were taking a trip to the dump instead of to the warehouse (aka Larry’s house). It should be fun to see the fall out from this clean out.
I tried to tell Mark to back off because Larry was yelling at me. But he yelled at me too. In a nice way. He was venting. He was not mad at me, although one could get that impression. But I am secretly doing my cheerleading dance. At least all the excess paper got moved offsite and it looks minimalist for a change. Larry is not so happy. He had to part with his 700 magazines and all of his broken trophies (i.e. lamps, radios, anything that once used electricity that he paid money for therefore cannot part with). I told Mark that Larry was going to start looking for a new Admin. Pretty soon. He looked at me and said: He can’t fire you, you’re the only one who knows where everything is. That was sweet. Not true, but sweet.
So the next thing on the pink slip gravy train is that I told him that I somehow managed to screw up the Quickbooks because I was not trained in it. He needs to either hires a decent bookkeeper or put up with the mess I make. Either that or it will be a good excuse to retire. This should be a whole new level of fun. On top of that, I got a backbone and demanded that he do standardized billing and showed him what set pricing for specific tasks looks like. Maybe he will see the wisdom in doing this. Maybe not.
Sorry this is so long, but there was a lot to tell in the Twilight Zone that I live in. It is quite convoluted, so ask the questions that will bring it into clarity for you. Sometimes I assume that people know what is going on in my head which is another level of scary for all participants.
So that’s all.

© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877623-30dbc--free-prompt-day