*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877930-Street-Drugs-Claim-Another
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#877930 added March 31, 2016 at 11:38am
Restrictions: None
Street Drugs Claim Another
         I didn't know AJ personally. I only knew him through his mother and the love she had for him. I only knew him through his uncles who loved him and mentored him.
         AJ died yesterday. It looks like he took a drug and later had seizures that overtaxed his heart.
         If you use drugs, you are only as good as the people you run with. Can you really depend on them to get you to help when needed? The answer is no. The ones he ran with had the clarity of thought to get him to a hospital, but not to get him inside. They had the clarity of thought to drop him off at the hospital, but not to stay with him. Had AJ been taken inside the hospital he might have been saved, but by the time he was found, it was too late.
         If you use drugs, stop it. You will lose everything. AJ was homeless at the time of his death. The only friends he had were the ones who supplied his drugs. The only ones who loved him were his family. The only ones he could trust were his family, but he refused to see them because they would not do drugs with him. No family ties, no home, no food, no communication, no money. Drugs really do take everything from you. Every last thing. And in the end, drugs will take your life.

© Copyright 2016 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877930-Street-Drugs-Claim-Another