*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878058-Needing-a-hug
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2070776
Another attempt at getting to know others and myself
#878058 added April 1, 2016 at 6:31am
Restrictions: None
Needing a hug
I woke up and thought to myself.
Well let's see if you think I am on to something.
Jesus spends so much of his ministry trying to get people to stop sinning by all matter of healing and miracles. Instead things seem to get worse-go figure.(these are my musings).
Then Jesus goes to Bethany and meets up with Mary. "If only you had been here Jesus." Much could have happened about then. Martha after all said the same thing. The difference however is that Mary gives her heart, she weeps. Soon after Jesus weeps with her. Jesus enters her suffering and my surmise is that Jesus realized what people needed more than anything else was a hug, knowing someone cared. The cross is on the horizon. It as at that point Jesus says "forgive them for what they do". We come back to where it starts. If only...
A dead person can not give an embrace or hug and suffer with us but a risen Savior/God in the flesh could. Maybe all we really needed was to know someone really cared. That sure nips my penchant for sinning in the bud. How can you sin against someone who really cares about you. Do you want to.
All my life I have tried to make people happy/feel better and instead things get worse and I can hear those awful words crucify him. Maybe all people need is a listening ear, someone to laugh and cry with. Maybe I need to stop making people feel better. Maybe they just need an embrace from God. I know I do!!
© Copyright 2016 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878058-Needing-a-hug