*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878158-Thankful
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2070776
Another attempt at getting to know others and myself
#878158 added April 2, 2016 at 2:13pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful
I am thankful that I know a God who is not afraid to be with me when I die and is willing to die for me. This is not the way of the world that says God can not die. Jesus says forgive them for they know not what they do. Jesus was offered by Satan to jump off a building. Jesus accepts the reality of death and a greater reality resurrection. Jesus comes back to life to love and embrace those persons a dead person could not.
I am thankful for a God who enters into my willingness to overcome suffering and sin. Jesus does not magically take away our sin and suffering. There is no inclination to turn the hardness of sin and suffering into bread. Jesus is bread for us in all of life. Our world is threatened by a God who shows emotional. Jesus cries with us Jesus cares about us. We matter.
This same God does not have an obsession with being in control and dominant. Do this or else!! Jesus comes along side of us as servant and friend. He seeks ways to give us life when we are given up for dead. More concerned for what he can do for us than we could do for him. For all this I am thankful!!
© Copyright 2016 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878158-Thankful