*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879435-Lighthouses
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#879435 added April 15, 2016 at 8:23am
Restrictions: None
Lighthouses
Prompt: Lighthouses and faraway. Use these words anyway you want.
===================================================

If you can guess you can see far far away from a lighthouse, you must remember that the eye can only see as far as the earth’s curvature permits.

One such lighthouse with the best-unbroken view of the ocean is the quaint Peggy’s Cove lighthouse in Nova Scotia, Canada, built on a site of about a million shipwrecks. I consider it to be one of the most truly picturesque lighthouses, usually located at the end of fishing villages.

This is one place where a person would love to spend a whole day watching (exploring!) the rocks and the surging sea. The fishing village itself has houses perched along an inlet with large boulders facing the Atlantic Ocean.

We went there a long time ago in a bus tour, which we took from Halifax. It is somewhat a tourist friendly place although that area is designed as a preserve.

I always thought lighthouses to be romantic and we have visited a good number of them in our life. This is only one of them. Maybe at another time, I'll talk of some other lighthouse in this blog.
 ~

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879435-Lighthouses