*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879549-Marilyn-Monroe--Boys-and-Girls
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#879549 added April 16, 2016 at 5:26pm
Restrictions: None
Marilyn Monroe--Boys and Girls
Prompt: How do you feel about this quote by Marilyn Monroe “Boys think girls are like books, If the cover doesn't catch their eye they won't bother to read what's inside.” Do you agree or disagree?

=====================

I like Marilyn Monroe just fine, more as a tragic figure than a beauty, which her beauty is a given, anyhow. I also agree with what she has uttered however with the reservation that has to do with who the boy is and at which age he is viewing the so-called girl-book.

Most young men go for the visuals, agreed. All of us while in our teens and early twenties have experienced this, be it as boys or girls. I attended an all-girls high school where the teenage girls mostly talked about physical attractiveness of certain boys or, in reverse, how to enhance their own beautiful aspects.

Girls usually get over their physical criteria hangups soon enough, but with some boys, not all, the same criteria can stick for a lifetime, probably until after they are bulldozed by a raving beauty.

As far as beauty is concerned, I have to agree with this other quote more, where both sexes are concerned. ““Immodest and attractive is easy. Modest and repulsive is easy too. But modest and attractive is an art form.” -- Douglas Wilson, 5 Paths to the Love of Your Life

In this quote, I replace the word modest with having inner beauty. In fact, I believe either she or he--who goes out of his or her way to make life easier and more beautiful for others--has the true everlasting beauty inside them. As Criss Jami said, “If love is blind, then maybe a blind person that loves has a greater understanding of it.” Life works better for us if we focus to see others with the eyes of the heart, instead of the eyes on our faces.

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879549-Marilyn-Monroe--Boys-and-Girls