*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879945-Mini-challenges-Voyage-of-the-Magical-Ship-lost-in-Time
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#879945 added April 21, 2016 at 10:18am
Restrictions: None
Mini challenges, Voyage of the Magical Ship/ lost in Time
Thursday, April 21, 2016
Using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1625 or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_English_history or another history entry to pick something around the time of 1625 to write about. There were some notable people who died in 1625. Are there any of these people that you would have liked to visit with if the ship would take you there?


After a space of time, in which I was able to recover some cleanliness. It wasn’t easy because when the Magical Ship got put back together the showers were inserted upside down so we had to scurry around to find the “make it right” button which was inserted in the ceiling of a lower halfway that leads to the kitchen. Anyway, Princess Megan Rose found a stepladder in the kitchen and stood on it to push the button which emitted a horrid loud screech which knocked the ladder over. The Princess with her regal balance landed gently on her feet so all was well; except when the showers were fixed the kitchen table was turned upside down. Of course that was just a small glitch. Blue Moon and I set it upright and everyone went off to whatever needed their individual attention.

After a shower, change of clothing and a pizza I found myself without an adventure to live through; so I wandered into the large glassed lounge. Of course when I entered I had to go around and set all the stands beside chairs and sofas upright because they were (Oh you guessed!), Yep! Upside down.*BigSmile*

There is a time scope which looks like a flat monitor on the wall. It was dialed into 1625 so I turned it on.

Probably shouldn’t mess with this kind of machine on the ship who knows what might happen? To my amazement the field we had been working on was planted and just the tips of a new corn crop was showing above the soil. Wait, what was happening to Peter and the lost children?

A group of soldiers were running them off the land. I wonder what happened? Will they be o.k? Then I noticed the captions at the bottom of the screen.

Although King James, Charles father, had pretty much ignored the farmers that were settling on some of the land owned by the king. Charles was incensed and began to run the farmers off. Peter and his group of riders skedaddled quickly away from the soldiers who were to busy burning all the buildings to notice their departure.

I ran to ask Elaine, Elaine how to get the ship to pick up Peter and the others. She immediately conversed with the ship. We caught up with the group. The ship put down a ramp, horses and all boarded. In a quick meeting with Peter it was decided to move on into 1625 to Oxford where the parliament was now meeting because of London’s plague problem.

The horses were brushed, fed and watered. The full group was cleaned and fed. (Had to get out the smell). *RollEyes*

Now, we were setting down in Oxford near the Divinity School where parliament was meeting. Of course the ship had to start using it’s cloaking mechanism. I’m beginning to be cautious about this ship it has odd habits. *Cool*

In 2015, Parliament met in the Universities Divinity School which is now part of the Bodleian Library. The library has extended to many libraries that have more books than any where I can imagine. It was in honor of the different times when Parliament moved to Oxford for its meetings. I decided to get off the ship for awhile and see if I could meet Sir Thomas Bodley who re-founded the University Library at the beginning of the 17th century.

Peter and his relatives and friends took horses and their few rescued possessions. With great thanks for our help they set out for a cousin's estate to the West of Oxford. I hope they watch out for the Kings men. This is a riotous century.

When I re-boarded I went to talk to Neva. I was thinking how fun it is to meet some of the special people who studied at the University, like Shelley. I wonder if she has ever read about him? And, J.R.R. Tolkien, a list of famous people studied here. Now, the library is celebrating a manuscript they acquired written by Shelly.

King Charles is about to dissolve parliament for awhile because he can’t get them to vote his way, it is still the 1600’s.

Now which way are we going to send this ship traveling? Maybe someone else will want to visit a special place. I think I’ll take a nap wake me up if there are any more adventures. Or, maybe I'll find a history book to read.

This book is a Hoot! references: www.Ox.ac.uk /www.wikipedia.org / www.bodlean.ox.ac.uk/whats on/discover

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879945-Mini-challenges-Voyage-of-the-Magical-Ship-lost-in-Time