*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880151-free-write
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#880151 added August 21, 2016 at 11:43pm
Restrictions: None
free write
start: April 23, 2016 at 1:55pm

There is no set time for this free write. The stipulation is to write for as long as I have thoughts to type on the screen.

[Sci-Fi] I was thinking of *________ (? I can't think of her name...gonna have to look it up) the Lunar Space Cadet and her accident. She was supposed to have misused the buggy transport by rill jumping (thrill seeking with gov't property) and ended up in a crater out of line of sight from the base, with the buggy on top of her pinning her down. She was running out of air, had a broken arm and knew she was going to die for her lack of judgement. What I was thinking was how to make the situation even worse. Let's say she is pinned as I had described before, only the situation is slightly different. The Cadets are supposed to have a buddy with them at all times when outside the base...two members patrol together as a team for safety reasons. Her partner got herself in some trouble and *________ couldn't do anything to help her so she was returning to the top of a ridge to call in assistance. Only she was reckless in her haste and the buggy flipped backwards on her before she could reach the ridge line. So added to her dying moment is the belief that not only has her recklessness killed her but her partner as well.

To intensify the drama I need to write in this other person. Who is she? Is she and our main character friendly, or are they simply put together because the duty roster happened to line them up this time. Personnel rotation or some such.

Drama...this is at the beginning of the story and the rest of the story is how she learns/grows from the experience. Of course, she is found in the nick of time, but her partner most likely isn't. Our main character can't learn and grow if she died.

[Fantasy: Twilight Beacon] Then there is Cassini the half Gypsy and half Morovini who crossed the wrong underworld rogue (Morovini) and must flee for her life. The bad guy's name is Timmins and is very influential within the city state where Cassi grew up. He is also a master swordsman and dueling expert. No one within the city will stick their neck out to aid the girl giving her no choice but to flee. The drama isn't necessarily that Timmin's has put a price on her head, (tho' it is the driving reason for her to leave her home) but rather how her own habits get her into trouble wherever she travels. She unintentionally learned of something about Timmins that would interfere with his power seeking ways and will in the end bring hem down with the knowledge.

[Fantasy: The Chosen] Then there is Gwendlyn, the young acolyte who finds herself surviving an attack upon her cloister. She is a follower of an unpopular Goddess not because she wished to be but because the Goddess has chosen her and Gwen has no choice...she survives only because of the Goddess' intervention.

[Fantasy: TML: Verloren Keep/Where The Light Fades/ALieren's Orb] Malyn is also chosen by the Gods to serve. She will be instrumental in saving humanity and demi-human alike but the price is to lose her own soul in the process. The question asked is: can someone regain their soul once lost? Or rather, the more accurate question: Can anyone ever really lose their soul?

[Fantasy] Astryd a covert agent/soldier for her Kingdom is retired from service. The war between neighboring kingdoms is over. There were no clear winners, neither side was evil or saintly. The war ended because both side's economy would no longer support waging war. She returns home only to find that the barony where she was born is decimated by an opportunistic enemy and her King can't afford to help her combat it. (There is a dragon involved.)


There are other stories I've started over the years, but these are the ones that actually made it past the first two chapters. They have been on my mind this year. I will make an effort to attend to each of them and evaluate what needs to be done to get them flowing toward a finish.

I have been too long away from my creative process. I've allowed outside forces to take over my time for whatever reasons; reasons not important enough to side track me from my dreams. I've hidden behind the events of my daily life as a self fulfilling prophecy for failing to achieve my goals. It's not important why. What is important is I'm tired of hiding and I'm tired of not pursuing my dreams. I am good enough, as long as I believe in myself. I just need to do it...do it everyday...no matter what.




end: April 23, 2016 at 3:23pm

*addendum August 21, 2016 @ 11:40 pm EDT: ________ = Explorer Third Class Janine A. Monroe

© Copyright 2016 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880151-free-write