*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881053-Cell-phone-privacy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#881053 added May 1, 2016 at 7:19pm
Restrictions: None
Cell phone privacy
Prompt:Apple, the Makers of the iPhone , have recently refused a request from the FB I to unlock the phone of a suspected terrorist. The FBI has managed to access the phone, but won't reveal how. Does the government have a right to the information on this phone? Do you fear it may open the door to further privacy intrusions , even in non-criminal situations? And should a government figure out a way to access such information on an otherwise locked cell phone, do they have an obligation to tell you they're doing it (and how)?
In the circumstances of trying to solve a serious crime, phone records can be vital. Applying for a search warrant indicates a respect for the law. I believe that without this no phone records should be accessed. I don't understand why Apple refused to cooperate. On the other hand, I do not
think private phone records should or could be available to government officials at any random time or for any reason. Not all cell phone users are criminals. Communication is never straightforward . Words, abbreviations , and phrases may be mis-construed. Anyone could conceivably use any phone.
Unfortunately , hacking exists. It is a crime. Governments combating terrorism must balance privacy with national security. Which supercedes the other?

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881053-Cell-phone-privacy