*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881579-Beating-the-system
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2070776
Another attempt at getting to know others and myself
#881579 added May 8, 2016 at 12:58am
Restrictions: None
Beating the system
I am reminded of my inception into the world of the Midwest. I had come from a place where I was given a label that said I was unlikely to succeed, if I tried to be normal. I had a sickness that could not be cured.
God sent me here from Massachusetts to get a second opinion. I was told by counselors, I was not the person they claimed I was and encouraged me to find out for myself what it meant to be well/ normal. They (a psychiatric panel)even encouraged me to give up meds, because the pills made me think I was "sick".
I graduated from seminary, was married, had kids and at different times worked as pastor and chaplain.
A divorce, alone with closure of a church stripped me down I voluntarily went back on meds, saw time with my kids pare back because of a need to work extra hours at minimum wage to pay child support and bills. I began to doubt why I even came out here. God is sending me back to a place back East where I can affirm I am well. Thus once again I can show what it means to beat a system that rules thru use of subversive labels, so that once and for all I am free!!!!
© Copyright 2016 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881579-Beating-the-system