*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881519-God-speak
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2070776
Another attempt at getting to know others and myself
#881519 added May 7, 2016 at 1:25am
Restrictions: None
God speak
In preparing my sermon I feel like I was hit up side in the head in a good way. I was outlining my sermon using IKings 19:9ff.
The first thing I noticed in a light wielding flash was that Elijah was all alone in his self perceptioñ. There is a reminder of a need to acknowledge God's presence. I n this case by confession. I am all alone.

The second was moving from aloneness to be prepared to hear God's message. There is this symphonic melodrama, not in a mighty wind, earthquake or fire. The still small voice/whisper. In the New Testament Jesus calms the raging seas. " Be still and know I am God. That is the human condition of my move from Kc to Pennsylvania. I have trouble being still!!

The third part of my sermon journey was attending to the words after the panoply of God's orchestration. Go back to where you are from and go.....In those words God was speaking to me. GOD had something more for Elijah to, something more for me to do, but it hinged on obedience to a command.
So many people kept telling me that I needed to stay in KC, after all they said I was running away from something. Most often they would sight the fact my ex wife was getting remarried and ordained as a Baptist minister. They would try to convince me my leaving had a faulty foundation.
I half believed what they said and went to a crisis counselor. After considerable time of confessing concern. "Gary maybe it is not what you are running from. It is what you are running toward". It was the thunderbolt from on high that I needed. We put our townhouse up for sale and it was sold the next day. BUT GOD, there is all this stuff we need to let go of. And of course as luck would have it 99% oh the stuff belonged to Sharon.
The bottom line is to let go and let God. It is a story of "remembering" rather than forgetting. An attitude of for giving gratitude, not for getting God's love. I go back to how I came to Kc. I had nothing but a suitcase and some books. I had passion to get through seminary so that I could most effectively serve God. Unfortunately Jezebel gets in the way. I will be put to death for all my foolish passions.
It is time to go back to the place of call where the unquenchable fiery passion for God burned bright go....there is more work for you to do. "I" am not done with you yet.". And neither am I done with heeding the message of God's call.
© Copyright 2016 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881519-God-speak