*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882096-Organized-Is-that-a-joke
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#882096 added May 14, 2016 at 11:31am
Restrictions: None
Organized? Is that a joke?
Prompt: I've included a link about organizing, just in case you're looking for new ideas. I know I always want new ideas to get me on track. What are your best organizational tips?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/cleaning-and-organizing/18-organizing-ideas-f...


==========================

My best organization tip is: If the person or people living with you do not respect your efforts and throw things every which way, you need to stop organizing and picking up after them. Otherwise, you’ll be greatly frustrated to the point of murdering someone.

In my case, I rather live in peace than in war, but also, I refuse to become a slave to any one person or idea.

I know, I know. Most of us want to live in pristine, well-kept houses. Believe me, I do, too; however, after realizing that I either live in a topsy-turvy place or I live alone, the topsy-turvy won the lottery. Thus, in my house, I gave up organizing the community property. My books, my own personal things are organized enough for me not to get lost in them, and I have a rule that nobody touches my things, which works to some limited degree of success.

In reference to the link Lyn has posted, (Oh, so many examples, but here's one) several years ago, I had done the placing of cords in paper-towel tubes. In about a week or ten days or so, they were all thrown away. Reason: It was thought I didn’t throw away their first packaging from the store; so, the person accommodated me. I did it again after a lengthy explanation, but with the same result. The reason this time: “They are hard to get to. You can put them back in if you want that so much.”

As such, the pudding dishes missing from the kitchen cupboard are around one of the sinks in the master bathroom holding the other person's small toiletries like cue-tips, etc. Replacing them with small plastic containers didn't work. Pudding dishes won again. Solution: I bought more pudding dishes. The problem with such solutions: Too many kitchen knives, scissors, dishes, garden tools, etc. are adding to the clutter.

Need I say more?

© Copyright 2016 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882096-Organized-Is-that-a-joke