*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882347-The-Penguin-Predicament
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2083173
Short Stories
#882347 added May 17, 2016 at 1:28pm
Restrictions: None
The Penguin Predicament
** Image ID #2027392 Unavailable **



Jim, Jim, come see, something's dreadfully wrong, I don't understand. What do you mean? We got a postcard from Sam this morning, I was so relieved to hear from him, you know how I was only saying last night that I was getting worried that we hadn't heard from him. You did say that the Antarctic is very remote and that mail would take a long time to reach home. Yes, I did say all of that, so what's the problem, it's great that we, at last, have some word, what does he have to say? Well, you read it because I'm not sure what I'm seeing anymore!

Hi Mum

I just thought I'd pop you a postcard to say how well I'm doing, as you can see I've made some new friends, they are so great and have made me feel so welcome. I persuaded them to let me take a photo with them so I set the old girl on a timer and here it is. I thought you'd like to see a pic of us all, especially your little one, now wandering the depths of the Southern Hemisphere lol. Hope you like it and it cheers your heart a little.

Lots of love from Sam xxxx

Jim stood and looked at Mary, she looked at him back; what was Sam trying to tell them, was he winding them up or had they both lost their mind suddenly, entered the twilight zone overnight? Was their son a Penguin? They put the postcard in the drawer and decided they would ignore it, never talk about it and wait and see!


© Copyright 2016 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882347-The-Penguin-Predicament