*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882501-Fruit-Mix-Up
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#882501 added May 19, 2016 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
Fruit Mix Up
         Apparently, I'm pretty easy to impress. I bought a pineapple corer from Avon. I was afraid it was just another kitchen gadget to waste my money. But I love it. You cut the top off the pineapple, put this steel tube over the center and start twisting the handle. I was expecting to apply a lot of force, but I was not thinking about how soft the fruit is. It only cuts the fruit, not the hard core. I ended up with one long spiral slice that just lifted out of the beautiful unscared shell. The core still has to be cut out, but you could fill it with mixed fruit, or if you didn't cut the shell, you could put a drink with a straw in it.

         I cut too far down, so my Sprite leaked out a little cut. There is still some fruit along the shell and the core. I hate to waste things, so that was my first serving, scraping the shell and the core. The rest I cut and mixed with banana slices, fresh cherries, halved and seeded, and grapes. Throw in a spoon of coconut and you have a tasty treat! You could probably use any fruit you have on hand.

         I liked the combination so much better than just one fruit. And it looks festive and makes a meal a party.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882501-Fruit-Mix-Up