*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882576-Dress-For-the-Place-and-Occasion
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#882576 added May 19, 2016 at 11:57pm
Restrictions: None
Dress For the Place and Occasion
         It's that time of year when people want to bear their skin for the rest of the world to see. That means I start my tirade about knowing when, where and how to dress.

         Today (it was very cool here) in a conservative department store, a young adult woman walked in with short jogging shorts, split up the side.She wore sneakers without socks and a tank shirt at least one size too small. Her muffin top was begging for a size larger. It was a little low cut, but not the worst. I wouldn't complain about that if she just put on a shirt that fit! Nothing was left to the imagination. Now that outfit is fine for the park, a campground, or jogging around the neighborhood. But when you go shopping. have a little dignity. The blue collar comedians joke about the way Wal-Mart shoppers dress. But, hey, they're everywhere.

         If you're sitting around the pool in a bikini and decide you need to go to the grocery store to get something for the grill, don't put on cut-off shorts over your thong bottom and think you're ready. People are shopping for food; they don't want to look at your butt cheeks hanging out or your belly or cleavage hanging over your too tight top.

         Then there are the women on the bus, you know the extra-large top heavy women with sleeveless low-cut blouses or tanks. The bottoms may be covered, but the tops are hanging out all over. No matter how you try not to look, it's assaulting your vision. Or they're on the city streets. Not the suburbs, not their own neighborhoods, but in the business section of town. They couldn't get dressed to go out! No self respect.

         The way you dress shows how you feel about yourself and others. You don't have to dress expensively or be a fashionista. Every day is not date night, and everyone you meet doesn't need a close acquaintance with your cleavage or your upper thighs. I'm just asking people to think about where they're going and to look in a mirror from all angles.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882576-Dress-For-the-Place-and-Occasion