*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882827-Motivational-Monday-Mistakes-and-The-Horror-of-Reality
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#882827 added May 23, 2016 at 9:25am
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Mistakes and The Horror of Reality
Monday, May 23, 2016

 Practical Jokers  (ASR)
Prompt Words: picnic, leaf, bird
#2085115 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The Motivational Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Actress Joan Collins, born on this day in 1933, once said, "Show me a person who has never made a mistake and I'll show you somebody who has never achieved much." Do you think this is true? What's your greatest mistake?

A sign of success
is the number of mistakes
that you make in life.

I am alive therefore I make mistakes. Ms. Collins is right in that to achieve something you have to make mistakes. Another component of success is admitting your mistakes and correcting them if possible. If it isn't possible to correct a mistake then either find a different approach to the project or move on.

What is the greatest mistake I've made? I'm still alive so I can still make greater and greater mistakes. Up to this point in my life, the greatest mistake I've made is focusing on my perceived limitations instead of my strengths. I say perceived limitations because I have found, if I make the effort, I can exceed my limitations and therefore exceed my own expectations.

A sign of success
is admitting your mistakes
and then moving on.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 806
Edgar Allen Poe said: “Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.” Is this true for you? Do you have to be horrified by reality to be impressed? Or does Poe mean something else? What do you think?

I have to admit that sometimes reality can be down right terrifying. There have been times in my life when it grabbed me by the throat and tried to chock me. At those time I could feel its claws penetrated my jugular vein causing my life's essence to spurt out. It's at these times when I have to refocus my attention on faith and spiritual practices.

Reality is only horrifying if you let the fear permeated the moment and paralyze your reactions. Success and survival requires us to face our fears. Once we face them then we can deal with them appropriately. Fear is enhanced by imagination. The more you avoid a fear the bigger the monster grows until it is expressed in a phobia. I suspect the best way to deal with fear is to write about them and in that way words do express "the exquisite horror of their reality".

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882827-Motivational-Monday-Mistakes-and-The-Horror-of-Reality