*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882966-Spring-Cleaning
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#882966 added May 24, 2016 at 11:38pm
Restrictions: None
Spring Cleaning
         I hate house cleaning. Now it's time for SPRING CLEANING! My mom would move the furniture, wash the windows, wash the walls, scrub the floors, wax the furniture, clean out the closets and cabinets,and remove the switch plates and light globes to clean them. There would be fresh curtains, rugs, etc. I'm so NOT MY MOTHER.

         I felt 'done in' just vacuuming the lower level, sweeping and mopping the upper level, except for carpeted rooms, washing the outside of cabinets, doing two loads of laundry and changing one bed. How did Mom manage? Of course, she didn't surf the Internet or read email, but she did love to read and devoured books. And she cooked more than me, and didn't retire until she was a year older than me from a full-time job. And her health wasn't as good as mine.

         I did empty one shelf of a cabinet, clean it, and put the good stuff back. I'm only going to do one section at a time. I might finish by August. With my dad and his grandchildren, I have to sweep and mop just about every day all year round. I bought a new shower curtain, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. There's just too many books, too many great websites, too many reviews to do.

         And errands! Aren't they a good excuse for not overhauling the house? Oh, well, tomorrow's another day.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882966-Spring-Cleaning