*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882981-Cats-and-Dogs
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#882981 added May 25, 2016 at 9:49am
Restrictions: None
Cats and Dogs
War Chest Wednesday!

Are you a cat person or a dog person? Explain why, or neither.
*Cat2* *Dog1*

Manx Cat from Japan



I have one dog - K has one dog so two dogs live with us. We had two cats. One of those is about 16 years old. When the elder dies I expected to enjoy the last cat of the group. Just having one seemed really nice some day.

However, now some mentally sick person has dumped another cat here. It is a really nice cat. But, it is an unnuetered female about to have kittens. So, now I have 3 cats in the house instead of two. There are other people who are upset about the new animal because they know at my age it is better to just provide for one or two than many.

I don't normally keep unnuetered pets. So, when the kittens arrive I will have the expense of shots for mother and kits as well as arranging for neutering. It will probably take all the rest of 2016 to accomplish.

I used to keep barn cats but not any more. There is more wild life closer in to the house and barn. We have red squirrels that run around the roof of the house and onto the upstairs balcony. Last year the cats caught two chipmunks up there. The balcony is the cats summer fun spot.

Last weekend a very ill raccoon showed up under a tree by the back door. K and I both think it had been poisoned. There are wild rabbits living in the barn in the winter. The winter of 2014 a mother possum had babies under the hay stall. The babes played with the barn cat and killed it with their sharp claws.

Saturday and Sunday a Vulture was hanging around munching on a dead woodchuck behind the garage.

Other really horrific things have happened to barn cats here so I don't let or encourage cats to live there any more.

So I'm an animal person. I love them all wild or tame.

Why? Because some people don't bother to understand animal intelligence. They need people to protect them and help them live quiet lives just like people. Plus, they love people unconditionally. So, loving and caring for them is easy.


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882981-Cats-and-Dogs