*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882915-Escapism-or-a-Way-to-Move-Forward
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#882915 added May 24, 2016 at 9:04am
Restrictions: None
Escapism or a Way to Move Forward
Talk Tuesday!

Are your favorite forms of entertainment (books, movies, television, music, etc.) in line with your life's perspective, or are they another form of escapism?


Owl with an attitude

To call any kind of knowledge learned through music, movies, television or books escapism sounds like doctrines created by brotherhoods to keep the public ignorant. An ignorant public is easier to fleece and control, up to a point.

Knowledge is a need all humans have even if they deny the need. If the people around us do not communicate something a person needs to hear but, the person hears a song with a lyric that says what you are feeling then you have received confirmation that there are others on the earth who feel what you feel or hear what you hear or experience your experiences.

There are classical music pieces that show the sounds of birds, the wind through the trees, and other environmental sounds. Even though, you may have been convinced that you are not cool if you listen to classical music, the truth is that the musicians who wrote the pieces heard sounds that they had the talent and ability to create on paper with notes, as well as, integrate certain musical instruments into the piece and recreate the sounds in a close proximity.

Even fictional stories follow patterns of life that the author finds interesting. So, the author creates characters to live a life on the page. Creating a picture in your mind of a city or countryside or planet where the action takes place. If the reader really likes the story; the reader may be reconciling something sociological that appeals to them. They like the way the protagonist was portrayed or the way the ending resolved the story.

Why do people return to Sherlock Holmes stories? He was cleaver. He could find the oddest clues and follow them to a resolution that stopped some suffering.

The need for knowledge is Universal. Share it. I believe the people who conquer space will be people willing to look beyond where they were born, share and revel in the vastness of the universe.

It is important to question everything. It keeps us sane when the established rule proves to be a burden to the public.

this is a quote from the book I am currently reading, "my grades were low---------my conduct, called "deportment," was terrible. I was always getting into trouble because of my pranks, because I "talked back" and was "fresh" to teachers, because I questioned everything, because I didn't show "respect," and because I was a "wise guy." From "Taking the Stand" by Alan Dershowitz. Dershowitz also wrote about his years in school, "Even when I did something perfectly, they would find some way to turn my success against me."

Probably it isn't escapism it's just a need you are filling.


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882915-Escapism-or-a-Way-to-Move-Forward