*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883418-The-Garden
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2083173
Short Stories
#883418 added May 30, 2016 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
The Garden
In the centre of a large desert stood a tower; in this tower lived a girl. Everyone knew she was there but no one knew why and somehow they all knew that this was how it was meant to be. One day a spring appeared through the sand, bubbling up in the middle of the desert, slowly getting stronger and spreading, trickling as a small stream towards the tower. As the stream flowed, flowers grew by the side of the places that the water touched.

The people watched as this appeared and were amazed, and wondered how this could have happened and why; many began to think about the girl living in the tower, and, for the first time, they began wondering why she was there. As time went by, the desert bloomed, trees grew and the desert became a most wonderful garden. Many said they had seen a man walking through the garden but no one dared go in. Then rumours started that a girl had been seen walking with the man and the people were curious. Many times, it appeared, the two were seen together and it seemed that they were venturing nearer to the edge of the garden.

One day early in the morning a mist appeared at the edge of the garden and as it cleared, the young girl was seen for the first time outside of the garden and the people were in awe. They spoke to her in great depth about her time in the tower. She told them her past had held her there, but when the spring had emerged, she knew things would be different.

In the garden, she had met Jesus and spent many hours with Him until the time came for her to meet, and share with, the people who had been the cause of her imprisonment. This was because she had been afraid of them. He had taught her that she didn't have to fear as she could always find Him in the garden and she could return at any time, that He would always be there; many of the people that she met, in time, also found the joy of the garden and were released from their own towers.



© Copyright 2016 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883418-The-Garden