*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883425-The-Mist-of-the-Morning-The-Garden-Chapter-2
by Angel
Rated: E · Book · Mystery · #2083173
Short Stories
#883425 added May 30, 2016 at 6:27pm
Restrictions: None
The Mist of the Morning (The Garden Chapter 2)
When the girl first left the Tower she found herself surrounded by morning mists, she felt as if she was alone. She noticed that as the sun rose, the rays began to filter gently through the droplets of water around her making things look very different. Then, ahead of her, she could see a figure shrouded in the mist. As she moved towards Him He began to move away, but although He did this He never went out of her sight, He just beckoned to her to follow.

At first, she followed Him because she was lost in the mist; she also felt He was trying to help her. However, she kept wandering off the path as she was frequently distracted by things that emerged from the mist, flowers, grey but beautiful, covered with a thin film of water and the many spiders webs draped over bushes, laced designs that couldn't usually be seen, she just had to stop to look.

The figure always waited patiently until she returned to the path and then beckoned her on again. It took a long time for her to get through the mist as she was distracted so often, but as she eventually emerged from the grey cloak around her she saw the figure clearly, a man standing before her, and she was struck with amazing awe and fear. He looked at her gently and he asked her to sit with Him. She knew instantly that she was safe with him and she sat down. At first, she was unable to speak to Him because there was something about Him that seemed beyond her reach; after what seemed like an eternal age, she asked Him 'Who are you? He replied 'My child do you not know who I am, I am the Father, the Son, the Teacher and your best Friend. Come let me show you the many wonders of the Garden. Are you willing to come?. She looked into His eyes and knew what to do; she gently laid her hand in His and followed where He led.



© Copyright 2016 Angel (UN: angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883425-The-Mist-of-the-Morning-The-Garden-Chapter-2