*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883443-Where-Are-The-Kids-When-You-Need-Them
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#883443 added May 30, 2016 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
Where Are The Kids When You Need Them
         I was complaining about not being able to read my text messages on my i-phone yesterday. Someone said I could make them larger. I said I can make my emails larger, but not my texts. Another one said you can change the font. I must have looked shocked. "Get me your phone. I'll fix it."

         Within about six seconds I had legible text. I can read them now without a magnifying glass. He said when he gets to his mother's house, she always has something she wants him to fix, a DVR, an i-pad, something digital, etc. Another one said there's even a commercial showing the parents waiting for their young adult children to come home and fix the technological things.

         Now I can do Word and Excel and PowerPoint, and they can't. But they can find their way around the social media, which still mystifies me. And if I use Sirius to locate myself in the car, I can't get the doggone thing to turn off, once I get to my destination.

         I need new Internet service, but I can't decide how to do it, and which one I can afford. My TV service is lousy and I haven't had reception in four days. I found out that DISH was bought out by DirectTV, so that may explain some of that. But the best way to go for our household is baffling. I need to have a system that's easy to operate for an old man, who's worse at this stuff than me. I just found out that I can request a remote control with big buttons for him. That would be helpful.

         If I set out to learn all this stuff, it would outdated by the time I was comfortable with it. I just hope I live long enough to see these young adults baffled and the next generation helping them!

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883443-Where-Are-The-Kids-When-You-Need-Them