*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883516-Life-Without-Television
Rated: 13+ · Book · Family · #2058371
Musings on anything.
#883516 added May 31, 2016 at 9:16pm
Restrictions: None
Life Without Television
         We haven't had DISH service in six days. I called the first day, and someone just tried to sell me DirectTV, no offer to repair. I called again today because my dad was flipping out. So the technician realized we had the service for a long time. After doing some test communications with our system, she scheduled a tech to replace all of our equipment with new so we won't have any more problems, except for the two day wait.

         Meanwhile the other one calls back and tells me we can save $40 a month and get a DVR and remote wireless service and still have all the same channels! I hate making these decisions, especially over the phone. But I want to save money and be able to record shows while I'm working. I think we're going to change and cancel the DISH replacement.

         Meanwhile, I'm getting more housework done and a lot more writing and reading. I didn't think I was letting TV eat that much of my time. I was watching the last ten to fifteen minutes of Wheel every night, when I wasn't working, and Jeopardy. That's about 45 minutes I can spend in a book! But Dad needs his sports and his news shows. So I will go back to my viewing. Maybe I can force myself to be more discriminating and cut back.

© Copyright 2016 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883516-Life-Without-Television