*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883839-Teacher-Sho
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#883839 added June 4, 2016 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
Teacher Sho
People, having different questions in life, were coming to the teacher Sho. He always surprised them with his answers.

— How to recognize a real sage, Teacher? — One of the students asked him. – Everyone teaches now!

A teacher Sho smiled and answered:

— A real sage does not teach. He learns.

The sage did not allow students to call him wise.

— Why? — One student asked.

The sage seemed to smile with his eyes:

— You cannot be wise. You can just become it, making mistakes.

— To become wise, making mistakes… — repeated the student and, being surprised, exclaimed: — But it‘s just an experience!

— But then it turns out that you can‘t be a sage! — Another student spoke up.

The sage just smiled in response.

However, the third student protested:

— Someone, making mistakes, becomes smarter and others – not. Thus, it gets so that if a person is wise initially, his wisdom can increase, but if a person don’t have any wisdom, there is nothing to multiply.

The sage smiled wider and nodded:

– Thank you for making me wiser.

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883839-Teacher-Sho