*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884912-Funny-Friday-How-to-dress-for-a-job-interview
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#884912 added June 17, 2016 at 1:47pm
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday: How to dress for a job interview
Friday, June 17, 2016


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 831
Funny hat, crazy shoes, weird handbag, dazzling hair - I'm so ready for this interview but are you?

"Sometimes you feel like a nut,
Sometimes you don't."

from a Mounds and Almond Joy Commercial

Alma stood in front of her full length mirror staring at her reflection and singing the Mounds and Almond Joy Jingle in a high pitched squeak that sounded like a cross between a mouse caught in a trap and an out of tune kazoo. She went to the closet, opened its sliding doors and looked at her choice of business attire. Well, she thought, I suppose I should have purchased some new suites before changing careers.

Standing on tiptoe, she removed a fuzzy platinum wig enhanced by blue and red sparkling stars. Next she picked up a red, white, and blue handbag with a matching pair of clown shoes. She placed these items on the bed before returning to the closet for a pantsuit and hat. She stood at the closet for five minutes before deciding on an Uncle Sam's suite and stovepipe hat. After getting dressed she walked into the living room.

"Alma," said Nash looking up from Trump: The Art of the Deal. "I thought you were interviewing for a new job today."

"I am."

"Uh..." he stared at her for a few minutes, shook his head, and laid the book he was reading face down on the coffee table. "Do you seriously think you're going to get that job dressed like that?"

"Nash, you're always telling me that in order to get a job I have to stand out in the crowd by emphasizing my talent and loyalty. Any one, including Donald Trump, should be able to just look at me and know I am a loyal American citizen. Do you think I need to add a symbol of my religious faith?"

"No," Nash smiled stood up and removed the car keys from is slacks pocket. "Let me drive you to the Trump election headquarters. I'm fairly sure that those shoes won't let you operate an automatic transmission much less a standard shift."


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884912-Funny-Friday-How-to-dress-for-a-job-interview