*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885128-Joining-the-World-of-the-Blogged-and-Intro-to-Me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#885128 added June 19, 2016 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
Joining the World of the Blogged and Intro to Me
Okay, blog 1! So, Sssssh! I'm not really here. sent out a call for bloggers to join "The Bard's Hall Contest and I'm a sucker for peer pressure, so here I am. *Smile*

First, a little about me, though probably the only folks who will be reading this will be The Bard's Hall Contest judges (and maybe a competitor). Alas, if words were only meaningful if they were read by others, half of what's written wouldn't stand. Thankfully, words are a comfort, a security blanket, a friend, and so I write, along with millions of others tonight, putting words to paper, or computer screens, as the case may be, only for our own enjoyment. But if we can't enjoy our own words, what good are they?

Enough philosophy? So, I'm a Soldier medically retiring because of injuries (mostly mental) from Iraq. I love God and my country and I'm pretty fond of chocolate too. Alas, I was recently told I'm pre-diabetic, which came as no surprise to my friends since I'm so sweet. lol

I moved to North Carolina (that's in America, on the off-chance a foreigner ever reads this) with plans to start a farm, but that got thrown out the window thanks to someone else (perhaps meat for a future blog), and I spent my first few weeks here depressed about losing my career, losing my love (the Army), and losing my sense of pride and purpose.

However, I'd had 5-6 people in the few weeks prior suggest I get back into writing since I used to enjoy it. I finally decided, one too many people had suggested it. Perhaps it was a sign. I began my search for a simple repository for my writing. Perhaps if I'd googled "writing repository," I would have found something different, but I couldn't find a place to simply store my writing. All I kept finding were these stupid writing communities. Who cares? I just wanted to mope and write and ignore the world. Alas, twas not to be.

I found writing.com and suddenly my world changed! I had purpose, entertainment, motivation, and whatever other good words you care to fill in. By no means am I saying that all my problems have been solved, but simply that thanks to WDC, they aren't the only thing in my life and through the lens of my computer screen, they're a little more in focus.

Okay, that last sentence doesn't make sense, but it's sort of poetic and for me, poetry often doesn't make sense, so I'm just going to pretend that sentence was a beautiful poem that makes sense to other people. lol

Well, I'm a talker, so I'd better wrap this up. Besides, I have a crisis on my hands! I'm taking a photography class (not the crisis) and was going to practice taking pictures of the spider in its web in the bathroom and the camera-shy arachnid has up and vanished! WARNING! WARNING WILL ROBINSON! (You young folks won't get the Lost In Space reference, but believe me, this spider is every bit as terrifying as those fake monsters on the old 1970's show!) I must go and prepare for battle...or retreat...whichever...

© Copyright 2016 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885128-Joining-the-World-of-the-Blogged-and-Intro-to-Me