*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885138-Bob-Marley-and-Wake-Up-and-Live
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#885138 added July 3, 2016 at 3:39am
Restrictions: None
Bob Marley and Wake Up and Live
Woke up this morning very early, as for the past 3 weeks on this site, and decided to change my handle.

Wake Up And Live it is! Bob Marley and the Wailers wrote the lyrics on this very relaxed melody. Or maybe the other way around. Watch and listen: https://youtu.be/oWP4-ai7SOE

I have a complicated relationship with music, I like to listen to some classical, jazz, reggae and very incidental to popmusic, but I am not totally engaged into music, never have been.

Music connects both brain hemispheres. That happens while making music, but also when listening to music. Complex music has been received in both parts of the brain, simple music only in the right part. Music has a healing power too. And then there is the Mozart effect which tells us that we become smarter when listening to Mozart. That has something to do with a relaxing and concentrating effect on the brain while listening to Mozart or other classical composers.

I did play Indonesian gamelan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1AiCTJ9t8g) for almost a year. That was great fun since I could participate in it as I never learned the traditional musical notation. Gamelan works with figures.

So part of changing my handle involves the promise to myself to listen to more music.*Music1* *Music1* *Music1*



© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885138-Bob-Marley-and-Wake-Up-and-Live