*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885808-Thank-You-Badge-GoT-Emoticons-and-Visiting-Family
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#885808 added June 28, 2016 at 9:50pm
Restrictions: None
Thank You Badge, G.o.T., Emoticons, and Visiting Family
Howdy!

Today was exciting for my blog. We were welcomed to the world of blogging by "Invalid Item How nice! *Smile*

Thank You Badge

I just discovered the Thank You badge is new and THAT'S why no one has one. I just thought you guys were all a bunch of ingrates. HAHAHAHA!!! With that in mind (whichever "that" you prefer), I'd like to send out a call for send Thank You badges! Use them! Send them! Love them! They are the perfect way to thank someone for just about anything on here! *Bigsmile* Isn't being grateful wonderful? Who are you grateful for today?

Here's a lovely quote about gratitude:

Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.
by Henry Ward Beecher

I couldn't pick just one, so...

Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.
by Jacques Maritain

Send someone you're grateful for a Thank You badge, or at least a thank you e-mail or IM. Who has touched you recently? And let this extend beyond WdC. Who should you call, visit, or drop a note to in your personal world? I wish I'd told my parents thank you more before they died. Not just thank you for passing the salt (I did that), but a sincere thank you for being the best parents I could ask for!

G.o.T.

Well, "Game of Thrones is starting soon. I'm scared because I don't feel like I have a good handle on the rules and plans. It's hard for me to keep everything in my head at the same time. *Frown* I don't want to mess up and let my team down. (This is why I HATE team sports. I hate being responsible for other folks losing. Weirdly, I'm never responsible for them winning. lol) Oh well, I got myself into this. I will just ask lots of questions. 'It's better to open your mouth and have people know you're a fool than to keep quiet and have them call you one'...that's how the saying goes, right? lol

Emoticons

So, I was exploring the emoticons and found some really cute ones! (At least they're cute to me...)

*Duck* *Penguin* *BackpackB* *Flipflops7* *Sheriff* *Teddy* *Books1* *Martian* *CupcakeV* *ButterflyV* *Cheshire* *Fairy3* (Attempted to enlarged to enhance cuteness factor...but couldn't figure it out for some reason. Also, no matter how many spaces you put between them, they still bunch together for some reason. Maybe they're cold...)

Okay, these probably aren't new or interesting to you, but I'm new here, so give me a break. Pretend, will you? *Wink*

Visiting Family

Well, my cousins called and all want to come visit. I didn't know a polite way of saying I'd rather them not for a while as I'm still kind of worn out from my friend. Anything out of the ordinary is stressful to me since Iraq. Basically, it was like Groundhog's Day there, until something changed. And change was always bad. Someone died. Otherwise, everything was the same. I began to hate change--not uncommon for folks with PTSD.

Anyway, 1 cousin is coming tomorrow, and she's coming back with 2 others on Friday (they all live about an hour away) then from July 9-11, 3 others are driving down from Ohio. Geez, people! I am NOT that special! lol It's been several years since I've seen the ones in Ohio and literally decades since the ones closer to where I've moved. I guess that's why everyone wants to visit. I've been living in Hawaii, Alaska, and Iraq for the last 6 years. Oh well, I'm sure the 'new Jody smell' will wear off soon enough. *Laugh* (And yes, I know I'm supposed to be writing out all those cousin numbers, but whatever. *Music1* It's my blog and I'll do what I want to, do what I want to, do what I want to... *Music2*

Alrighty folks (yes, I know that's not a real word), I REALLY need to get to checking my actual e-mail since I've been avoiding it for the last week or so in favor of WdC e-mail. I also have to send my photography homework in tonight. It's supposed to be tomorrow, but I'll be busy all day. I haven't seen my cousin in decades and she's staying over 6 hrs. No idea what we'll talk about. Nah, who am I kidding, I once talked for over 8 hrs without a single response from my sick boyfriend because he said he just wanted to hear my voice. Now THAT'S TALENT! She's a talker too, so I'm sure we'll be fine. *Bigsmile* I also have to study up and finish making notes on my G.o.T. rules. I have to do some reviews since I realized too late the reason I hadn't joined "Simply Positive Review Forum sooner is that they REQUIRE 6 reviews a week. Sure, I do that even when I say I'm going to take a break from reviewing, but still. I'd rather it be all my choice. Oh well. Like I said, I do it anyway. *Smile* I also have to write my story for "CLASH! before G.o.T. starts as I apparently won't have time after that. Umm...there was one more thing...dang it! Oh well. Either I'll figure it out or I won't and then I'll figure it out when I get into trouble with someone. *Laugh*

TTFN

© Copyright 2016 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885808-Thank-You-Badge-GoT-Emoticons-and-Visiting-Family