*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886477-Independence-Day
Rated: E · Book · Career · #1959122
Not that you need to enter my crazy mind, but here you go anyway. Enjoy!
#886477 added July 4, 2016 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
Independence Day
I dare you.





I dare you to take one day and set yourself free. Free from vices and inhibitions. Free from fear, oppression and self-doubt. Free from every negative emotion, every thought, every memory, every heartbreaking dream you know will not come true. I dare you to let it all go.





On this day of celebration for the birth of our nation, I dare you to truly appreciate what it means to be free. To celebrate with reckless abandon. To say the words you've held back, to feel the things you are afraid to feel, to do the things you want to do. I dare you to live today in a way that will honor those who fought and died for our freedom, not just in the Revolutionary War, but in every war. Not just in combat, but those who serve our country every day. Honor our soldiers, honor our veterans, honor our dead. Show no fear in the face of adversity. They didn't. They don't.





I dare you to take a risk. Even a small one. Defy logic. Voice your opposition to the government. Rise up against that voice in your head telling you that you can't, you shouldn't. That you're afraid. Free yourself from judgment--of your own person and of others. Be proud to be who you are, to be American.





Dare, even if just for one day, to free yourself from the thought-pool of the masses and think, see, act, be independent. And then, dare to do it again.





I dare you.

© Copyright 2016 C.N. Greer (UN: chelsea.greer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C.N. Greer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886477-Independence-Day