*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886545-Talk-Tuesday-The-Aftermath-of-a-Long-Weekend
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#886545 added July 5, 2016 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: The Aftermath of a Long Weekend
Tuesday, July 5, 2016

After a long weekend
Tuesday becomes Monday
throwing the workweek into chaos.

The Talk Tuesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
How hard is it for you to get back into the swing of things after a long weekend?

How hard is it to get back into the swing after a long weekend? Difficult, but not impossible. The problem with long weekends is that they give you an extra day of rest before going back to earning-a-living work. If the long weekend covers Saturday, Sunday, and Monday then on Tuesday we have to deal with the after-weekend-shock of finding the deadline of the project you didn't complete on Friday has changed to this Wednesday instead of next Wednesday.

Sometime it's difficult to get back into the swing after a long weekend, but at other times it's easy. This weekend it's difficult getting back on track because I took two days off from doing surveys. Now I have to get back in the swing and prevent myself from getting bored. Some surveys I can do without getting bored while other are uninteresting and cause my mind to wander. If my mind wanders then I can' focus on the survey. Even when the survey bores me then I continue because I'm just too stubborn to give up or admit that I'm board.

This morning it was difficult to get back into the swing of anything. Last night I got offline early and went outside to watch the fireworks. That was good because I relaxed, enjoyed the fireworks, and even held a sparkler. This morning I had a bit of difficulty getting back into the swing of anything, including writing. I started this entry this morning, got interrupted, saved it, and logged out. I'm back online now after doing some business over the phone.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886545-Talk-Tuesday-The-Aftermath-of-a-Long-Weekend