*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886595-Fears-of-this-and-that
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#886595 added July 6, 2016 at 8:09am
Restrictions: None
Fears of this and that
The 6th day of "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+].
War Chest Wednesday! A prompt from a previous challenger...
Write about your fears...fears that you have overcome, and fears which still exist within you.

Fears? Ah, the Boogie Man...well, a couple of years back I had the real Boogie Man into my life.


I was a counselor doing house visits when one of my pupils got wacky on me while under the influence of drugs. He got me all worked over and attacked me. As if this wasn’t enough his father, a known criminal, harassed me with death threats for almost a year. They threatened to kill me, stalk me etc. I was terrified, didn’t want to leave my house and quit my job eventually.

I remember the days after months of sick leave; I finally went outdoors, walking around in my city center and looking over my shoulder all the time to see if I could spot somebody. It was horrifying. It left a scar. Life was no fun for a long time after that.

Recent fears concern my physical health. I am a bit of a hypochondriac always fearing that I would get some decease and die on the spot. I suspect it has something to do with trust issues: trusting myself, my body and trusting others.

Title Prompt: The Dark Computer. (BCoF)
Prompt: Arts Earth Spirit Education Use these words any way you want in today's entry. (BC)

The dark computer


Fear! It has a nasty ring to it. It is nasty to fear, be it an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain, or harm.



Walking the earth fear has been instrumental in growing up as human beings; we have learned to examine what we fear the most, thus acquiring knowledge from past experiences. A real good education since we try to navigate between real and imaginable fears.

I sometimes fear my computer and the Internet because of ways possible to hack into my blog and read my inner thoughts.

The computer aka the Internet is an unknown entity, only accessible by programmers and hackers. They are the happy few with knowledge of the spirit of the beast; we users are merely gullible consumers with increasing dependency.

I can’t picture a world without the computer and an internet connection. It’s my lifeline. I express myself in the arts of writing. I use Word as a template for my inner world and my stories. The computer even welcomes me when hooking up, corrects me if I make a spelling error and asks me questions like Do you want me to continue? It is almost as if it has a mind of its own.

Since I can’t fathom its artificial intelligence I sometimes wonder…do I suffer from a touch of cyber phobia? *Think*

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886595-Fears-of-this-and-that