*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886815-Mari-in-The-Bathtub
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#886815 added July 8, 2016 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
Mari in The Bathtub
Friday, July 8, 2016

"Each black hole spins on its axis like the Earth spins. That spin creates two vortexes of twisting space, somewhat like vortexes in a bathtub or a whirlpool."
Kip Thorne

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 852
Let's try writing in a very confined space: A bathtub story. Your character/ or you are going to stay in this single, relatively confined space for your entry. Do you think you could write a good story with such restrictions placed on you? Have fun!

Mari leaned back in the pale green bathtub, letting the warm lavender scented bubbles carry away the day's irritations. Looking up at the three net bath sponges hanging and resting on the shower shelf, she contemplated the most important decision of the evening. Which sponge should she use tonight. She sighed, focused her mind on the dark purple sponge, and moved it down from the shelf into her left hand. She raised the sponge to her nose, took a deep breath, and let the infused lavender scent float up her nasal passages to drive away the the harsh words Mort shouted as he stomped out of the house.

She knew she should have gone after him, prevented him from taking the silver Land Rover LR4, but her anger had stopped her from running after him. She knew if she confronted him in the driveway the neighbors would call the police again which would have resulted in one or both of them spending the night in jail. Instead, she locked the security screen and then double bolted the door. Next she went through the house locking all the windows and outside door. She knew he would eventually cool down and return and then they could talk about the subject of her will calmly over hot cups of camomile tea. In the mean time, she would relax in a hot bath and then reread The Hobbit.

She dipped the sponge into the hot bath water before using it to slowly massaging her shoulders. Her Samsung Galaxy S7 played the 1812 Overture, announcing an incoming call from Mort. She smiled, knowing he was planning either revenge because she removed him from her will or a twenty-fifth anniversary party. She hoped it was an anniversary party, but she had no intention of answering the phone to find out. After the voice mail picked up the call, she focused her mind on the alarm by the front door turning it on.

She loved Mort, perhaps more then she love her first husband, but she had to admit that her daughter was right about him. All Mort cared about was her money. If that wasn't the case then why had he gotten so angry when she changed her will to divide her estate between her grandchildren and Samuel's great grandchildren. She smiled thinking of her marriage to Samuel, he had died on their first wedding anniversary and, despite her objections, had left his entire fortune to her. It didn't go over well with his daughters, but the eventually accepted it when they found out they couldn't break the will.

Pushing all thoughts out of her mind, she began massaging her thighs with the sponge. She planned to remain in the tub until 11:15 PM, when she would get out, dress, and teleport herself into the backyard where her black 2016 Harley-Davidson Iron 883 was locked in the garden shed waiting for her to take to the highway. Her lawyer, Samuel's lawyer, had written her will the same way he had written Samuel's will, so that it was unbreakable. After a year he would have her declared dead and the provisions of the will carried out.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886815-Mari-in-The-Bathtub